All board members adhere to Legacy ‘s code of conduct:
- Legacy® respects the principles of neutrality, impartiality, independence and non-discrimination.
- We strive to remove all barriers to equality.
- Legacy® will not further a particular political or religious movement.
- We endeavor not to act as instruments of government or foreign policy.
- We respect the culture, structures and customs of the communities and countries we are working in.
- We hold ourselves accountable to those we seek to interview, those beneficiaries in current and future generations and those from whom we accept resources.
- We are guided by professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity, and will maintain an international perspective at all times.
- We respect the dignity and worth of every individual, will promote and practice understanding, respect, compassion and tolerance, and will demonstrate discretion and maintain confidentiality as required.
- We aim to build constructive and respectful working relations with interviewees and continuously seek to improve our performance.